Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
Sunday 10am - 2pm
178-180 Long Lane, Finchley, London, N3 2RA
178-180 Long Lane, Finchley, London, N3 2RA

Pet Travel


Animal Health Certificates and Export Health Certificates are charged at the following rates:
New Clients 
£240 certificate (including consult fee)
£48 consultation fee per additional animal
A new client is defined as an owner registering mainly for the purpose of pet travel. If you receive your rabies vaccination from a different practice, you will be charged this rate.
Current Clients 
£195 certificate (including consult fee)
£48 consultation fee per additional animal
£75 Rabies Vaccination
Appointments are subject to availability. Once the details of travel have been confirmed at the consultation for export, any amendments to generated certificates will be charged at £5 per page amended. The Official Veterinarian has full discretion over the fees levied.

Zero-tolerance policy

We have a ‘zero-tolerance’ policy towards aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff. This includes any personal, abusive or threatening comments, shouting in person or over the phone, refusal to pay for services rendered, demanding changes to certificates and refusing to pay for amendments, bad language, physical contact and aggressive gestures towards our Official Veterinarian or other staff. Racist comments and sexual harassment, outright or implied will not be tolerated.
If you abuse our staff we will not issue you with the travel certificates, under any circumstances, you will be removed from the practice list, and you will be directed to this statement on our website.
Payment will be taken upfront. No refunds will be issued for pet travel services. If you change your travel plans, even due to circumstances beyond your control, we will not reissue certificates free of charge.

Travelling abroad with your pet

If you are planning on travelling abroad with your pet cat, dog or ferret, please be aware of the changes to pet travel from January 2021 since the UK left the European Union. Extra preparations will need to be made before you travel.

GB-issued pet passports are no longer valid and you will need to make an appointment with your pet for an Animal Health Certificate to certify that your pet is healthy to travel. This will be issued no more than 10 days before travel and for each trip you take. Dr Andrew Monchar, Director of Two By Two Veterinary Centre, has Official Veterinarian (OV) status from the Animal Plant Health Agency and is able to issue Animal Health Certificates and Export Health Certificates. Once an Animal Health Certificate has been issued, export of the animal(s) described must be undertaken to the EU or Northern Ireland within 10 days of the issuing date. Another consultation and Animal Health Certificate would be required to travel later than 10 days from the issuing date which will incur additional cost.

When travelling to the EU or Northern Ireland, your pet needs to have received a microchip implant and a valid rabies vaccination administered after they are 12 weeks old. 

If you are travelling directly to Finland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway or Malta with your dog, you will also need tapeworm treatment for each trip given no less than 24 hours and no more than 5 days before you arrive. 

For travel to a non-EU country, the pet export process is unchanged since Brexit. You’ll need to be issued an Export Health Certificate (EHC) and complete an export application form. You must nominate an OV to check your pet has met the correct health and identification requirements before travel. We suggest contacting the APHA Centre for Animal Imports & Exports in Carlisle as early as possible to find out your export requirements. 

Travel requirements vary from country to country. As the pet owner, it is your responsibility to check the particular entry requirements for the country you are seeking export to. So, remember to check the rules of the country you’re travelling to for any additional restrictions or requirements before you travel.

We do not offer home visits. We do not provide export certificates to China.

See the government website for further information and please contact us to book your appointment at least four weeks before travel. 

We can answer your questions so please contact us to find out what you will need to do to travel with your pet, as it will be different to previous rules.

Travel from the UK to an EU/listed non-EU country

  • Microchipped
  • Vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before entry to another country. Animals must be at least 12 weeks of age to be vaccinated against rabies.
  • Be in possession of an Animal Health Certificate and Export Health Certificate.

Travel from an EU/listed non-EU country to the UK

  • Microchipped
  • Vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before entry to another country. Animals must be at least 12 weeks of age to be vaccinated against rabies.
  • Be in possession of an Animal Health Certificate.
  • Be treated for tapeworm by a veterinary surgeon one to five days prior to the scheduled arrival time in the UK (dogs only)


Please note there is no longer a mandatory requirement for tick treatment to travel to the UK but tick-borne diseases such as Lyme Disease are an increasing threat to human public health and so this is still strongly recommended.

020 3865 8905

Book Appointment Online